Sunday, September 7, 2008

Assignment #1: A day on the Lake

I may have made a mistake today. I agreed to meet Mark Weeks (who knows if that's his real name) in Livermore at the BART station. He says he'll pick me up there and we can go to his boat where he'll draw my picture and pay me $120 for my time. I'm not sure how he found me. I can't remember applying for any modeling jobs specifically, but I did sign up with Talent6 as a vain attempt to profit from my appearance (which isn't really an act of vanity, as much as it is an act of desperation).

I'm pretty sure I'll go and see what happens. He says I'll be home by four, but all I can think about is Law & Order episodes where women get murdered by creepy dudes posing as artists or rich and tossed into the East River. For me it's the Russian River, but that's bad enough. Why would anyone want to pay me to draw my picture. Oh well, against my better judgment I'm heading to Livermore tomorrow morning. If I die (e.g. never post again), please trace this number 925-200-3858. He claims to be one of the guys in this picture, but I have no conformation of this.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

The same man contacted me and mentioned a similar situation, except he said he didn't have a wife and didn't have kids--he had lots of girlfriends and that he wanted to pay me to have intellectual conversations with him. He did mention the boat and that he owned a plane... I'm canceling on him too. I too am thinking of the being-dumped-in-a-lake situation. It's like, the money offer was cool, but everything else was not. I choose my life.